MARC Fall Meeting
For immediate release
October 1, 2017 - On September 24, 2017, members of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Chapter (MARC) of the American Personal & Private Association (APPCA) met for their bi-annual chapter meeting at a member's home in Olney, Maryland.
- General chapter updates and review of old business.
- Potential new members and review of chapter by-laws.
- Announcement of a limited time APPCA member discount on Fagor products.
- A Business "Round Table" session where participants discussed one thing they have done to address a challenge in their business and/or one major challenge they are currently trying to resolve in order to support business growth.
- A SCORE presentation (1.17MB Adobe PDF file) [ SCORE is a non-profit organization that supports small business growth in association with the Small Business Administration (SBA)].
- A knife sharpening lesson (demonstrating hand-held and electric sharpening models as well as whetstone sharpening techniques).
- A tasty light breakfast and potluck lunch provided by the MARC members.
The meeting was a great way for members to "check-in," socialize with their peers in the personal chef industry, and learn some new strategies to grow and increase efficiency in their businesses.
Members are looking forward to plans for a 2-day MARC meeting in the Spring of 2018 at Hartland Orchard, a Pick-Your-Own Farm in Markham, VA. Keith Steury of the food sherpa llc currently serves as President of the MARC Chapter.
More information about the food sherpa llc is available at www.thefoodsherpa.com.